Terms & Conditions
All quotations are made and orders accepted by us subject to the following conditions, not withstanding anything which may be stated to the contrary by the customer, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
l. Goods will be invoiced at the price ruling on the day of despatch. Quotations are given at current prices but may be subject to alteration in accordance with prices ruling at date of despatch. No liability is accepted for any mistake in the quotation of prices or for any consequences of such mistake, no matter how the same may arise.
CARRIAGE & DELIVERY
2. The Company will normally make no charge for delivery by its own vans from its warehouse but reserves the right to charge carriage on deliveries of orders under £30 nett value however consigned. Special delivery requests by the purchaser will be charged at the true despatch cost. Every effort is made to adhere to delivery dates where quoted but the Company cannot be responsible for loss or damage arising through failure to deliver on the due date.
DAMAGE OR LOSS INTRANSIT
3. Goods should be signed for as 'unexamined' or 'damaged'. Any breakages, damage or shortages must be notified in writing and within 3 days of receipt of goods to ourselves and to any other carriers involved, otherwise no liability can be accepted. Damaged goods and packing materials must be retained for carriers inspection. All claims must quote advice note or invoice number. Non-delivery of the whole consignment must be notified to us in writing within ten days from date of our invoice.
4. The Company disclaims liability for goods returned without the written consent of the Company. Any goods approved for return must be advised in writing quoting the Company's advice note or invoice number. The Company also disclaims liability for any returns whilst in transit to the Company.
5. (a) Payment must be received by the Company not later than 30 days from date of invoice. Permitted cash discounts will be disallowed if payment is not received by the due date. In the event of default in payment by due date, all monies owing to the Company by the customer shall be due and interest will be charged at the rate of 5% above the base rate of the Royal Bank of Scotland PLC as varied from time to time up to the date the monies are received by the Company.
(b) Value Added Tax is payable without deduction and is calculated on the cash discounted value of each invoice.
6. lt is your responsibility to determine that the goods are sufficient and suitable for the purpose to which they are to be put. We cannot accept any responsibility either in respect of the installation of any goods or as to the ultimate performance of any product in which the goods may be installed. We shall in no way be liable from any defect or inefficiency caused by the manner in which the goods are used.
DEFECTS AFTER DELIVERY
7. All goods supplied by us are manufactured by others. Accordingly, we shall pass on to you the benefit of the warranty, if any, given by the manufacturer of the goods. Our liability under this clause shall be in lieu of any warranty or condition implied by law as the quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the goods and we shall not be under any liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, in respect of any defects in goods delivered or for any injury damage or loss resulting from such defects or from anything done or omitted in connection with the goods or from any work done in connection therewith.
8. Written confirmation of telephoned orders should be clearly marked as such, otherwise the customer must accept liability should the order be duplicated.
9. Cancellations of customers orders placed with the Company must be in writing (telephone cancellations will not be accepted) and on the clear understanding that the customer will accept liability for any charges and costs involved.
10. The goods shall remain the sole and absolute property of the Company until such a time as the purchaser shall have paid to the Company the agreed price together with the full price of any other goods the subject of any other contract with the Company.
The purchaser acknowledges that the purchaser is in possession of the goods solely as bailee for the Company until such time as the full price thereof is paid to the Company together with the full price of any other goods the subject of any other contract with the Company.
The purchaser’s right to possession of the goods shall cease if it does anything or fails to do anything which would entitle a receiver to take possession of any assets or which would enable any person to present a petition for winding-up. The Company may for the purpose of recovery of the goods enter upon any premises where they are stored or where they are reasonably thought to be stored and may repossess the same. Subject to the terms hereof the purchaser is licensed by the Company to agree to sell the Company’s goods, subject to the express condition that such an agreement to sell shall take place as agents and bailees for the Company whether the purchaser sells on its own account or not and that the entire proceeds thereof are held in trust for the Company and are not mingled with the other monies and shall be at all times identifiable as the Company's monies.
lf the purchaser has not received the proceeds of any such sale, it will upon being called upon to do so by the Company within seven days thereof assign to the Company all rights against the person or persons to whom the purchaser has supplied the goods.
I l. The quotation and any contract that shall result therefrom shall be governed in all respects by the internal laws of England.